Google PlayStore and Android Tablets

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Thu Jun 12 13:17:24 EDT 2014

My app received these warnings from Google Play. My app is designed for both
small and large formats. Warning 1 look like just setting the minimum
version to  <http://developer.android.com/about/versions/android-3.0.html>
Android 3.0 (API level 11) or above should fix this. Warning 2 appears that
LC needs a tablet check box in the Android standalone settings to correct
the manifest. Warning 3 looks like we need additional icon selections in the
Android standalone settings. Are the last 2 warnings a feature request or am
I missing something?

Thanks!

Design your app for tablets

Your Production APK needs to meet the following criteria:

The minimum Android version and target Android version need to support
tablets (check targetSdkVersion and minSdkVersion).
<http://developer.android.com/distribute/googleplay/quality/tablet.html#andr
oid-versions> Learn more

Your APK should support common tablet screen sizes (LARGE and XLARGE).
<http://developer.android.com/distribute/googleplay/quality/tablet.html#supp
ort-screens> Learn more

Your APK should include custom drawables assets for common tablet screen
densities.
<http://developer.android.com/distribute/googleplay/quality/tablet.html#use-
tablet-icons> Learn more

Ralph DiMola