aligning text in columns

André Bisseret andre.bisseret at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jun 11 14:14:52 EDT 2014

Bonjour Chris,

In some stacks, specially before the dataGrid,  I right aligned using format (see "format" in the dictionary

For example, the following handler :

  local theData
   set the itemDel to tab
   put fld "fData" into theData
   repeat with x = 1 to the number of lines in theData
      repeat with y = 1 to the number of items in line x of theData
         if item y of line x of theData is a number then
            put format("%13s",item y of line x of theData) into item y of line x of theData
         end if
      end repeat
   end repeat
   put theData into fld "fData"

In this example, "13" is the number of chararacters which is possible in a column.

To use right align in this way it is necessary to use monospaced font in the field.

Best regards

André