nothing from STDOUT for LiveCode CLI on Windows

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Jun 9 17:49:33 EDT 2014

I can run my LiveCode standalone application on the command-line on OS X and writing to STDOUT goes to the terminal window.

But on Windows 7 I don’t see STDOUT in the DOS prompt window.  The -ui switch seems to work, because no GUI window is displayed.  Also, the command-line prompt comes back quickly.  There are no error messages in the DOS window.

Ironically, I was a little worried about the STDOUT going to the console on OS X, but that was not a problem; it switched over when my app was run as a command-line app.

So, what might I be doing wrong for Windows?

Dar Scott