revDataFromQuery : size limit of mySQL query ?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Jun 7 00:01:03 EDT 2014

Pete-

Friday, June 6, 2014, 4:35:11 PM, you wrote:

> Ah OK, sorry should have read more closely.

> Don't know the answer to that one but if there is a limit the NOT IN thing
> I suggested would cut down on the length of the SELECT statement since
> there are no "AND" operators in it.

Well, the NOT IN clause can select from an embedded SELECT statement
to further limit the selections, but I would wonder whether such a
complicated statement would be necessary in the first place. Not that
I know what jbv has in mind, but I would think that possibly selecting
on what you're looking for rather than what you're *not* looking for
might be a shorter select statement. Or selecting on some other
criterion or using a LIKE selector might do the trick.

--
-Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com

This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not
consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any
related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting,
disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received
this communication in error, please delete it immediately.