field losing formatting on copying

Paul Hibbert paulhibbert at mac.com
Thu Jun 5 20:58:19 EDT 2014

Just tried another test. I renamed the appropriate fields to begin with "Case" and tried this script in the "Do it" button…

on mouseUp
   if exists(grp "J_1" of this cd) then
      delete grp "J_1" of this cd
   end if
   copy grp "J_1" of cd 1 of stack "rawForms" to this cd
   set the topleft of it to 1,1

   setTextHeight
end mouseUp

command setTextHeight
   repeat with i = 1 to the number of fields on card "r_controls"
      if the short name of field i begins with "Case" then \
         set the textHeight of fld i to 12
   end repeat
end setTextHeight

…And it seems to work OK just resetting the textHeight.

I know this doesn't answer why the problem occurs, but it does workaround it. I tried setting the textHeight & textSize of the stack "mcp", card "r_controls", the templateField and the templateGroup, all had no effect on the copied group.

I don't have LC5.5.4 installed, but I used LC5.5.5 (on Mac OS X 10.8.5), I expect it would be the same.

Paul