ScreenRect bug or not

Terence Heaford t.heaford at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 3 13:38:06 EDT 2014

Mac OS X 10.9.3 LC 6.6.1 & LC 6.7 (dp4)

I have been zooming a stack to the size of the screen using the screenRect function:

set the rect of this stack to the working screenRect

When I do this the top part of the stack window disappears beneath the OS X menubar.

The documents suggest it should be otherwise:

"Adding the working adjective to either form returns the virtual co-ordinates of each screen's working-area. The working-area of a screen is defined to be the area not covered by OS furniture (such as the task bar on Windows, and the Dock and Menubar on Mac OS X).”

Is this a bug or are the documents incorrect.

If the documents are incorrect then is there a LC function that returns the height of the Mac menubar?

All the best

Terry