Quoted-Printable & Base64 Unicode Text in LC7

Igor de Oliveira Couto igor at semperuna.com
Sun Jun 1 21:49:24 EDT 2014

On 2 Jun 2014, at 12:05 am, Peter W A Wood <peterwawood at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1 Jun 2014, at 19:40, Igor de Oliveira Couto wrote:
>
>> 1) How to decode from “quoted-printable” to normal text?  Is there a ready-made function somewhere?
>
> From the dictionary:
>
> 	textDecode("A","UTF8”)

That function is what I needed to do the base64 decoding. I must convert from base64 to binary, and then use textDecode to convert from binary directly to unicode text:

textDecode(base64decode("UXVhbGljb3JwIFNhw7pkZQ==“),”UTF-8”)

Unfortunately, this does not help with quoted-printable encoded strings…

On 2 Jun 2014, at 2:00 am, Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com> wrote:

> I think there are functions for quoted printable, but I forgot what they are.

Doing a search in the Dictionary for “decode”, yields: arrayDecode, base64Decode, binaryDecode, textDecode, uniDecode and URLDecode. None of these seem to do quoted-printable… :(

Has anyone written a custom function? I’d rather not re-invent the wheel, if it’s been done before…

--
Igor Couto
Sydney, Australia