Livecode Server Sessions

Simon Smith hello at simonsmith.co
Sun Jun 1 09:34:48 EDT 2014

Hi

Sessions are saved to the default temporary folder, although you can
control where sessions are saved using the sessionSavePath command. As they
are saved server side, there should not be much of a concern about how much
data can be stored (no idea to be honest) but you can always link the
session to a database or create your files / storage structure as needed.

You can set the length of storage time with sessionLivetime.

Security wise I have not seen any problems or concerns raised, although if
you are concerned, you could just use cookies and build your system to
track users.

Kind Regards
Simon