Maiden speech from an old man

Peter M. Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 14:23:03 EDT 2014

On Jul 27, 2014, at 12:25 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> I prefer bottom posting too, but since I started answering occasionally from my tablet (like now) I've found it's difficult to do. So now my style varies depending on what kind of electronics I'm using,  and I became more lenient when I see it from others.
>
> I think our new electronics may have changed the old rules.

A good example of how poor software design interferes with usability. An email client should have a preference for setting top or bottom posting in replies. Many don't. Unfortunately we all end up having to put up with poorly designed software. Unless you can roll your own with LC!  :-)

So we adapt. But you know your software package is badly designed when you call the help desk when you're stymied on a particular task and the help desk person says, "Yeah, here's how you get around that…." (Actually happened to me 8 months ago. And the problem is still not fixed.)

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig