"...for neither" - really?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jul 25 23:36:17 EDT 2014

Mark Wieder wrote:
> Richard-
>
> Friday, July 25, 2014, 7:18:12 PM, you wrote:
>
>> i thought some sort of default came into play without further modifiers, no?
>
>> What happens now when you call it with no modifiers?
>
> I thought Monte was suggesting this as an enhancement?

He was, but as I wrote I thought the reason we had to write the
silly-sounding "for neither" was because with no args it uses some sort
of defaults.

Well, I just tested it and it seems that the defaults it uses are
exactly what's been proposed here.

Should I submit a Dictionary bug to have this simpler less silly form
documented?

And FWIW I only tested with a shell call to aplay - anyone else want to
confirm this before I file the report?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems