Maiden speech from an old man

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jul 25 18:46:06 EDT 2014

hh wrote:

 >> [Richard H. wrote:] Listserves and usenet on the one hand, and web
 > fora on the other, are completely different creatures.
 >
 > No, some of the users are. It's sometimes just another kind of
 > thinking, of being ready or not for changes.

I like the spirit of adventure in that last line.

To me, rather than making one venue into another or vice versa, it seems
more interesting to explore a customizable mashup, which could take
feeds from multiple venues and integrate them into one convenient UI.

If only we had a tool that was adept at handling HTTP requests and
parsing text....

;)

--
  Richard Gaskin