"...for neither" - really?

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 16:56:25 EDT 2014

Richard Gaskin wrote
> Monte recently helped me with a shell task by reminding me that I can
> use this for asynchronously calling another process:
>
>    open tSomeProcessCommand for neither
>
> Useful enough, but the syntax kinda bugs me.

I am not in front of a Linux computer to test
this command, but
Could developers play many simultaneous sounds
in Linux using "aplay" and "for neither"?

I remember a Space Invaders Linux clone published
by Lestroso of FaSaSoftware that hangs badly while
trying to play many sounds at the same time... :(

Al