Diacritics in folder names

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jul 23 10:21:40 EDT 2014

Alain Farmer wrote:

 > On Tuesday, July 22, 2014 9:27:20 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >
 >> Have you tested in the latest build of v7?
 >>
 >> That build not only contains Unicode support throughout, but
 >> also the latest build folds in the Cocoa support from v6.7.
 >

 > Thanks Richard,
 > Btw, I have only just recently upgraded to 6.6.2.
 > Now I have to upgrade already. Arr!

The free Community Edition has pretty much the same features as the
Commercial Edition, for those projects where releasing under the GPL is
a good fit.

For testing it makes things very convenient.

 > I will have to get used to it, I guess.
 > Is version-7 stable ?

The Download page shows it as "DP", with a note on that page:

     DP - Short for "Developer Preview", these releases are not
     feature complete and likely to contain bugs. They have been
     made public to allow LiveCode developers to experiment with
     the latest features and feedback to the team. Users who find
     bugs can file them at http://quality.runrev.com.

<http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/>

 > Will it fix my problem ?

Give it a try and let us know.

They won't release it until it gets your OK - yours, and from the rest
of us.  It's a BIG upgrade, and will require a lot of testing.

Please note that in order to accommodate all the changes the file format
has changed for v7.  If you want to retain the option of working in
older versions you'll want to do your v7 testing on a copy of your stack
files.

But please do test with v7.  It's arguably the most significant upgrade
in LiveCode's history, and will require all of us to pound on it to
ensure it does what we need it to do when it's released.

Ben's blog post from yesterday outlines the importance of v7:

<http://livecode.com/blog/2014/07/22/we-need-your-help-6-7-and-7-0-final-dps-released/>

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World