Naive question 5978

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 02:54:48 EDT 2014

I have a bog-basic data extraction stack that extracts lines from a list
field and puts them into another list field.

I want to make an equivalent stack using 2 dataGrids . . .

Now when I put something like this:

if line XXX of dataGrid "BING" contains "Socks" then
    put line XXX of dataGrid "BING" into line ZZZ of dataGrid "Pants"
end if

I get a really bad attack of the Red Blobs.

I stuck my neck right under the guillotine and tried this:

if column 2 of line XXX of dataGrid "BING" contains "Socks" then
    put line XXX of dataGrid "BING" into line ZZZ of dataGrid "Pants"
end if

Head dropped straight into the basket!

As this is my first (Yup: FIRST) foray into DataGrids I would be
grateful for a few pointers.

The Dictionary (6.6.2) tells me nothing when I look for 'dataGrid" and
nothing when I look for
'Column' that seems to refer to dataGrids.

Richmond.