RELEASE LiveCode 6.7 DP5

Terence Heaford t.heaford at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 22 13:49:09 EDT 2014

"In order to improve performance, the text rendering routines for iOS and OS X and been updated to use the latest APIs.
This has had a significant improvement in the text rendering speed, particularly on OS X.”

I am pleased to report that this rendering improvement seems to have improved the scrolling of the DataGrid.

My test grid with 7 columns and approx 1800 rows seems to have improved by about 20%.

A big improvement that on my lowly 2.4 ghz macbook pro late 2008.

Another 20% would probably do it.

All the best

Terry