What's The Logic Behind The Standalone Builder's Copy Files Pane?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Jul 16 17:27:05 EDT 2014

I think I'm missing something with regard to the Copy Files pane of the
standalone builder.  What's the simplest way to include a custom folder of
images along with a standalone?

I have a folder (named "sections") which contains a bunch of subfolders
and images, that I've included in the standalone builder's Copy Files
pane. It seems that the source location of the folder affects how LiveCode
expects to reference the folder.

I've been using the function below to establish the custom folder as the
defaultFolder at startup, but it seems each time I run the simulator I get
a different result when checking the defaultFolder.

function resourcesPath
    put fileName of this stack into thePath
    set itemDel to "/"
    put "sections/" into last item of thePath
    return thePath
end resourcesPath

When building a standalone, I know the folder gets added to the
standalone's bundle.  So I'm trying to figure out how to best place the
"sections" folder in relation to the app, and set the defaultFolder
appropriately, so that the images in the folder can be accessed reliably
from desktop, mobile simulator, and standalone.

Any suggestions?  Using LC 6.6.2.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director