HTML5 Campaign Update: 20% Tipping Point Achieved

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Wed Jul 16 00:21:05 EDT 2014

Maybe the Kickstarter 15% commission?  The Kickstarter plus is the larger
audience though.  Looking at the current HTML5 campaign, it's a long way
off making its' goal right now so the larger audience may have been needed.

The campaign is about half way though as of today.  At the current run
rate, they'll fall around $238k short of the goal, need about $21k per day
in donations to make it (they had around $1000 today), and another 751
donors at the current average donation of $418. Things can and do change
very quickly, especially in the final few days of a campaign, but those
numbers don't look good.

As for the refund, it's not really any different than Kickstarter.  They
don't charge your credit card unless the campaign makes it's goal  I think
RunRev are taking the donations immediately and saying they can choose to
return them if they don't meet their goal. Or not, which may be, as you
say, what is frightening some people off.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>