RLE images

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 17:06:48 EDT 2014

On 14/07/14 23:42, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> It used to be that any image imported into a stack, regardless of the
> original format, was converted to RLE. Is that still the case, or are
> they now saved as the original jpg, png, etc. ?

Well?

If there is a way to tell what format an embedded image in a stack is in
one could work this out.

Yup: I know that does not answer your question, and is pretty darn
circular; but . . .

I remember posting a question about this in about 2002 (!!!!!!!) as I
was then working on a
commercial project in Scotland for teaching High School kids a sort of
dumbed-down Music
theory and history (the one who was the dumbest was me as the company
didn't pay me any more
than 10% of what I had been promised). I remember that although I was
converting
all my images into GIFs they were bloating when imported into
Livecode/RR 2.0.1; and that was
explained to me on the Use-List because of the conversion into an
internal format.

If RLE is what I think it is (Run-length encoding) then it is an
antiquated Windows 3-ish sort of
bitmap which has gone the way of the dinosaurs everywhere else.

Richmond.