From my Spam box: "A Newer, Thicker, Stronger . . ."

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Wed Jul 9 05:37:39 EDT 2014

A large part of the unicode bloat comes from the dictionaries. They are a kind of language descriptor for almost every written language on earth, their dialects, and synonym ways to write a character. If you're only really interested in european languages, being able to disable 99% of those will make the engine as small as it was before the changes. I don't know if disabling those will impede people from writing chinese or cyrilic in your app tho, if the appropriate definitions where removed.