From my Spam box: "A Newer, Thicker, Stronger . . ."

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 11:38:34 EDT 2014

Well; for some reason the people who sent me that "thoughtful" message
left out the noun.

As I was unable to open the message for some reason I decided that it
must have
come from the good folks at RunRev.

AND, even if it didn't, it did make me start thinking about Livecode 7;
which is most
certainly:

Newer: Yup; it's version 7.

Thicker: Yup; its a far bigger package than version 6.6.3.

Stronger: Possibly . . .

I also remember an advert for Oranges about 25 years ago that went
"small ones are more juicy"

and wondered if 'thickness' did not always equal 'strength'.

I have also pointed out a couple of times that I found the word
'modularise' on the
RunRev website one or two times . . .

I also remember, when I must have been about 6 or 7 watching a film
featuring King Kong and
being rather enamoured of the great ape; my class teacher then pointing
out to me that at
the age I was then I could probably defeat King Kong in a running race.

Now, if I build a standalone with version 7 it is really bloated
compared with a standalone
hived off an earlier version: possibly because of all those additional
features my standalone is
not even going to use.

Stirring the pot, I guess.

Richmond.