convert

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 14:37:20 EDT 2014

On 05/07/14 20:12, Peter Haworth wrote:
> Does the convert command take account of the user's syatem settings when
> parsing its input?
>
> In other words, if I'm in the UK and pass the string "06/07/14" to the
> following convert command
>
> convert "06/07/14" from system date to  dateitems
>
> ... will I end up with month=07 and day=06 rather than the other way round?

Just go and read under CONVERT in the Dictionary:

"The ability to use the date and time format preferred by the user was
introduced in version 1.1. In previous versions, the convert command,
along with the time and date functions, consistently used the standard
U.S. format, even if the operating system's settings specified another
language or date and time format."

Richmond.