Ordinal numbers

Jonathan Cooper drdada at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 13:28:26 EDT 2014

I remember, when learning HyperCard ages ago, regarding this alternative syntax as a kind of free bonus. But most of the time I just wrote, e.g., "get item 3 of the_line" instead of "get third item of the_line", 'cause it was quicker.

(In fact I wouldn't be surprised if it's only in LiveCode for backward compatibility with HyperCard.)

Jonathan Cooper
http://doctordada.com