We're Funding LiveCode For the Web

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 02:53:52 EDT 2014

On 02/07/14 00:09, Terence Heaford wrote:
> On 1 Jul 2014, at 16:16, Heather Laine <heather at livecode.com> wrote:
>
>> We surveyed our entire user base and a massive 85% of you want HTML5 deployment, ASAP.
>
> Nobody surveyed me?
>

> —Terry

Nor me.

"a massive 85%" ???

"our entire user base"

That is not true: all the kids I have taught Livecode to over the last 4
years
(half of who use it for doing things on an on-off basis) were not surveyed.

Those kids (who, unlike 52 year olds like me, are the future of Livecode)
and their opinions matter; as do all the other kids around the world
quietly getting to grips with Livecode.

Come to think of things; I wonder how many kids younger than say, 18,
who are "tinkering" with Livecode know what is meant by HTML5?

I think Livecode's plan to develop  HTML5 capabilities is marvellous
(I have already stated that), but their way of promoting it, like a lot
of their other advertising, leaves a lot to be desired.

I never buy washing powder because "9 out of 10 housewives prefer
washing with Livecode"!

I wash with Livecode because I see what it does to my clothes.

Richmond.