ODBC connection to MSSQL under XP works in IDE, but not in Standalone

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Wed Jan 29 18:35:04 EST 2014

Hi all.

For  half an day now i am trying to figure out why my standalone is not able to connect to a MSSQL Server through ODC although in the IDE it works without problems.

I tried already  to manually select the "inclusions". But it doesn´t make a difference. The standalones always contain the needed externals for the odbc connection.
So this cannot be caused by a missing driver. I even tried to use the legacy DB drivers. No success.
I tried now on 3 different XP machines with and without firewall enabled. The ODBC test connection in the Windows ODBC administrator/manager is always successful.
I tried now with LC 5.5.1 and 6.5.1. In the ide the connection always is working - in the standalone it isn´t.

Does anyone have a clue what might be the problem?

Regards,

Matthias