Help I can't stop being Hack.

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jan 28 09:22:31 EST 2014

Mark Schonewille wrote:

> Hi Kathy,
>
> First of all, recently you (or your account) posted some links, which I
> didn't click on because they were highly suspicious.
>
> I wonder if we are actually having a conversation with you or with
> someone who hacked your e-mail account, because your description of the
> tools palette being hacked doesn't make much sense. Who would do this
> and why?
>
> Just in case it is you, could you please put a screen shot on your web
> server or in your Dropbox to show the problem?

I can confirm that Kathy's having some issues with her system that
appear to be related to hacking.  I got a phone message from her
yesterday describing some of that.

But if her system was compromised, given the earlier email with the spam
links, we can have no assurance at this time that her email account has
not also been compromised.

The details in her most recent email here suggest that one was indeed
from her, but given the potential for some nefarious outsider to be
reading this list looking for tips on hacking LiveCode, I'll not explore
this here and will instead just wait to hear back from her via phone today.

Hopefully we'll have this resolved soon.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World