RQCC - how do you submit a bug report ?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Mon Jan 27 16:13:13 EST 2014

On 27/01/2014 04:56, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 1/26/14, 7:39 PM, Alex Tweedly wrote:
>
>> i.e. if the field contains only 1 line, then setting liststyle of line 2
>> to -1 also sets the value for line 1.
>
> I'm not sure this is a bug as much as it's the way line numbering
> works. If there is only a single line in a field, getting line 2 to -1
> of it returns the text of line 1, because that's the last line.

That's not what I'm seeing,  in either 6.1.3 or 6.5.2rc1, OSX. And I
would be pretty surprised if it did do that - if there is only one line,
then "line 2 to -1" should be the same as "line 2 to 1" - i.e. empty.

My little test script is
on mouseUp
    set the text of fld "F" to "line one"
    put  ":" & line 2 to -1 of fld "F"  & ";"
end mouseUp

and it outputs simply
:;

So I do believe this really is a bug with style settings, rather than an
odd artifact of the way line numbering works.

-- Alex.