How to Reset ID's of Controls

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Mon Jan 27 14:57:06 EST 2014

Hi Richard,
I know that's why this capability was introduced but I've always wondered
if a vcs could get by without it.

The ID of a stack has always been changeable and, as I understand it,
indicates the ID of the next control to be created in the stack.  That
being the case, it seems like it would be possible for the vcs to sort a
stack's controls by their id number, create the stack, set the ID of the
stack to the id of the first control to be recreated, then recreate the
controls.  There could be gaps in the control ids of course, in which case,
the stack ID would have to be manipulated to bridge the gap.

I'm probably missing something obvious but wouldn't that work?.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 10:43 AM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com