OT: Mr. Macintosh

Jeff Reynolds jeff at siphonophore.com
Mon Jan 27 13:19:46 EST 2014

Ahh old dogcow! One of my most treasured possessions was my apple testing mug with Dogcow on it from the many hours testing my cdroms at apple. it got knocked onto the tile floor and shattered, tube of super glue and all the king's men could not put dogcow back together again... sad day.

I did have fun with Moof at Berkeley. i managed our department's mac network and computers and put an init on them that randomized the system beep and put about 40 of the plain beep and one of moof, so it would come up every once and a while randomly like mr mackintosh. was hilarious prank. that and set the start up sound to breaking glass and the startup screen to a shattered mac start up screen. amazing how many folks would instantly run away as not to be blamed for breaking the mac! linking a second ADB keyboard and mouse onto someone elses computer so you could mess with them while they worked...

those were the days...

jeff