Resolution independance not working in Win Vista; solved (?)

Ruediger Wilhelm wilhelm.forchheim at freenet.de
Sun Jan 26 05:28:53 EST 2014

On carefully rereading the dictionary on "fullscreen"
I found:
"Note: The fullscreenmode only takes affect when a stack is full screen.
This is the case on mobile platforms where stacks are always full screen,
or on the desktop when the fullscreen property of the stack is set to true."

So
on preOpenStack
   set the fullscreen of me to true
   set the fullscreenmode of me to "letterbox"
   set the backdrop to "255,30,30"
end preOpenStack

seems to work. But not for the display of the font sizes.

As to the font sizes I found the following in the release
notes of LC 6.5.0:

"Fullscreen modes cause clipped text on Windows (6.50-rc-2)
In order for fullscreen scaling to work on Windows it is necessary
to use device-independent text metrics - the same as when using
formatForPrinting. Therefore, on Windows, when you set the fullscreenmode
to something other than resize, the stack will change to using
device-independent metrics for all text(similar to when setting format
ForPrinting)."

To be honest, I really don't know how to proceed.

Should I just wait until Runrev has made it more practical
to apply.

Thank you all anyway for your Help !!

Ruediger

Ruediger Wilhelm