Go to card [with effects] is slow on Android

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Sat Jan 25 23:38:55 EST 2014

 I know that "do" is a bad idea sometimes, but in this case, my swipe code
is in the background image, and that's where the swipe direction is
determined, then it clicks at the loc of myButton (to show the button is
being pressed).

The only problem is that it hesitates for about a second before playing the
transition effect.  What would be a more optimal way?  I like the effects,
but the lag is killing the experience!

*global* gDirection

*on* mouseUp

   *if* gDirection is not empty *then*

      *put* "visual effect push" && gDirection && "very fast"
intotShowEffectCommand

      *do* tShowEffectCommand

   *end* *if*

   *go* card "card_three"