[OT?] Bad news???

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jan 24 15:41:35 EST 2014

Richmond wrote:

> Your 'danger word', Richard, is "opportunity"; I don't think the English
> Education Ministry is going to let anybody have any opportunity at all;
> somebody "up there" has taken a decision, and they will stick with that.

Maybe.

But we might also consider that earlier a decision had been made to have
no programming curriculum at all (programming's been around a long time).

That decision was revised once the benefits of doing so became self-evident.

I believe any decision about the specifics of that curriculum are
equally subject to change as the benefits of doing so also become
self-evident.

In the meantime, rather than fret about unlikely worst-case scenarios,
if we want to see this vision of LiveCode in the world's classrooms
happen no one is in a better position than the members of this list:

Share code, share knowledge, share LiveCode.  When enough of that
happens, the goal will be achieved.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World