RELEASE LiveCode 6.5.2 RC1

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 15:06:16 EST 2014

On 22/01/14 22:00, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 1/22/14, 1:54 PM, Richmond wrote:
>>>
>>> Oh yay! Double yay! It now works both with and without "put". It was
>>> making me crazy.
>>>

>> Could you give us an example, please?
>
> Sure. There were two problems. For a couple of releases you couldn't
> do this:
>
>   put myFunction()
>
> You had to write it without a "put":
>
>   myFunction()
>
> Then in 6.5.1 neither way would work, it just threw an error no matter
> how you tried to do it. Now both methods work.
>
> I write a lot of quick, one-off handlers and functions that I call
> from the message box, and now they work again.

But; when I made a stack with 2 buttons with the following scripts:

btn1

on mouseUp
    put "Whacky-Baccy"
end mouseUp

btn2

on mouseUp
    "Whacky-Baccy"
end mouseUp

the second one DIDN'T, and the script editor gave me one of those
bloody-nose things!

However:

"Whacky-Baccy"  in the Message Box WAS without 'put'

So, presumably this only affects the Message Box; which is NOT the end
of the World as we know it.

Richmond.