Unicode, the clipboard and LC fields

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 13:48:14 EST 2014

On 22/01/14 20:41, Graham Samuel wrote:
> Richmond, thanks for inching my problem towards a solution. I downloaded your test. Clever, in fact too clever for me. I don't understand why the test works. Would you care to explain?

What the script in the button does is it grabs the text in the field
and, treating it as normal text pops it into another field
which is tucked away off-screen.

Now any text chars that have values higher than those in the ASCII set
get mucked about; so, if the text in the input field is unicode,
what ends up in the hidden field is not the same; then I do a comparison.

Probably the best thing is just take a look at the script in the button.

Richmond.

P.S. Mixture of Tomato and Apple juice followed by strong, black coffee.