The status of 6.5.1

Mark Wilcox m_p_wilcox at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 20 09:58:02 EST 2014

>> There's not enough time to test every pre-existing feature.
>> There needs to be an automated monkey machine to run each new
>> version through.
>
> There is, they've been writing one for a while now.

The only quibble I have here is that I foresaw and asked about this potential quality issue doing such a major rewrite without a comprehensive suite of automated tests. Kevin responded (on the Kickstarter comments page) to say that they had one - turns out it was somewhat embryonic rather than comprehensive at that stage.

Having met several of the team at RunRev Live last year I'm confident they'll sort it out though. It's just going to take a bit longer than originally advertised.

On Monday, 20 January 2014, 9:58, Matthias Rebbe <matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de> wrote:

Same here: I used mTropolis and Director for a long time before i switched to Revolution in 2005.  But i do not miss them at all. Maybe mTropolis a little bit. ;)

Am 20.01.2014 um 03:41 schrieb Earthednet-wp <prothero at earthednet.org>:

> Tom,
> I'm a Director escapee too and I can't tell you how refreshing it is to be working with livecode now.
> Bill
>
> William Prothero
> http://es.earthednet.org
>
>> On Jan 19, 2014, at 4:40 PM, tbodine <lvhdgc7 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> So far, I find the resolution independence and fullscreen features of 6.5.1
>> are really great time savers for me. I've seen a few bugs, too, but, wow,
>> these new features will save me months of work.
>>
>> Coming from the Adobe-ruled Director universe, I have to say, Richmond, you
>> don't know how good you have it with RunRev. With Adobe, upgrades are *years
>> apart* and always deliver disappointment by breaking existing features,
>> introducing new complications and driving third-party developers out of the
>> market. At least with RR you know another update isn't far off, the road map
>> is not a secret, there is frequent communication with the developer
>> community, and there's a solid commitment to the product and its community.
>> I don't see anything but a determined, good faith effort by RunRev.
>>
>> Progress is an uneven, bumpy journey. RR has committed to a lot of progress,
>> so my attitude is "buckle up!" I'm going to do what I can to help. (Bug
>> reports. Testing. Minimal whining.) For those who don't like the ride, you
>> can always stick with your last favorite version and hunker down.
>>
>> My two cents.
>> Tom Bodine
>>

>> --

Matthias Rebbe
Tel:     +49 5741 310000
        +49 160 5504462
eMail: matthias underscore livecode underscore 150811 at m dash r dash d dot de