The status of 6.5.1

tbodine lvhdgc7 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 19:40:20 EST 2014

So far, I find the resolution independence and fullscreen features of 6.5.1
are really great time savers for me. I've seen a few bugs, too, but, wow,
these new features will save me months of work.

Coming from the Adobe-ruled Director universe, I have to say, Richmond, you
don't know how good you have it with RunRev. With Adobe, upgrades are *years
apart* and always deliver disappointment by breaking existing features,
introducing new complications and driving third-party developers out of the
market. At least with RR you know another update isn't far off, the road map
is not a secret, there is frequent communication with the developer
community, and there's a solid commitment to the product and its community.
I don't see anything but a determined, good faith effort by RunRev.

Progress is an uneven, bumpy journey. RR has committed to a lot of progress,
so my attitude is "buckle up!" I'm going to do what I can to help. (Bug
reports. Testing. Minimal whining.) For those who don't like the ride, you
can always stick with your last favorite version and hunker down.

My two cents.
Tom Bodine