LiveCode Server and Getting a List of Files in a Folder

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Mon Jan 13 14:49:42 EST 2014

Hi everyone,

Have LiveCode Server running on my Mac. It is configured to look for web pages in the WebServer/Documents folder. But what do I do if I want to use the Files function to get a listing of files in another folder, say, a data folder? When I create a handler in the server using

on listMyFiles
	set the default folder to someFolderPath
	put the files
end listMyFiles

everything gets messed up even if the handler is not called. LiveCode server stops looking for HTML pages in the Documents folder. I have to comment-out the handler to get things working right again.

Gregory