numToChar with socking great numbers

Ender Nafi Elekcioglu endernafi at keehuna.com
Mon Jan 13 12:03:05 EST 2014

That’s really exciting news; it’s long overdue but still exciting.
But I don’t think the users {we, programmers} will complain much about bidirectional support.
Even the biggest services don’t give full support to bidirectional text.
I remember that I once published a short fairy-tale of mine to Facebook.
The title was in Hebrew {RTL} - just to be exotic :) - and the story was in Turkish {LTR}.
Facebook totally messed it up with the punctuations.
The story seemed like this:

.Lorem ipsum dolor
,sit amet ad holorem
;ti malus prefericarus

Changing back the title to Turkish didn’t help either;
since I didn’t want to lose all the comments and likes, I left it as it was.

So, bidirectional support is truly a complex job.
Give us a dedicated RTL field, we’ll be happy enough;
I’ll be happy enough, for one :)

Best,

~ Ender Nafi

On Jan 13, 2014, 16:39:26, Fraser Gordon <fraser.gordon at runrev.com> wrote: Basic RTL functionality should happen in 7.0 or 7.x; full BiDi support is complex enough that it will take longer and I can't say for certain when it will appear.