[ANN] lcStackbrowser V2 Released

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sun Jan 12 14:54:19 EST 2014

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 9:23 AM, Peter Haworth <pete at lcsql.com> wrote:

> Not sure how the other closed source add-ons to open source apps handle it.
> I have played around with the idea of providing lcStackBrowser as a
> standalone program that would communicate with the IDE via a socket and a
> front script.  The front script would not be password protected since all
> it would do is intercept messages, send notifications to the standalone,
> accept messages from the standalone and pass them on to the IDE. But that's
> a huge change to the architecture and I don't think it's worth my time,
> although it would be an interesting intellectual exercise!

Jerry Daniels <http://danielsmara.com/about-jerry/> did that a few years
ago with a couple of editors he invented, like the concept editor and
T-Rev/Remo. It worked brilliantly and was much simpler and more reliable
than his previous, more ambitious editor. He'd probably talk to you about
how he did it… he called it 'using agents' and explained it quite well.

It was great because even if Livecode crashed, the scripts would still be
there in the editor.

I would be quite happy with an IDE that was standaloe… I don't hack the IDE.

sqb

*--*
*Stephen Barncard - San Francisco Ca. USA - Deeds Not Words*