Non-editable Android multiline control

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jan 10 13:22:53 EST 2014

On 1/6/14 7:05 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> I want an Android multiline input control that scrolls but is not
> editable, and which supports copying from the text. I have this when I
> create the control:
>
>    mobileControlSet "displayInput", "editable", "false"
>
> but it is always editable.

In case anyone is following this, I did some searching and found out
that the editable property has been deprecated on Android. It will still
work with SDK 11 (I think that's Froyo) and earlier, but fails on any OS
newer than that. The SDK provides no clear alternative. Stack Overflow
has many questions about how to create a non-editable text field that
still allows copying, and there are apparently some kludgy workarounds
if you are doing it in Java, but there's nothing I could see that will
help us in LiveCode.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com