There should be a "unique" option on sort . . .

Peter M. Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 22:52:46 EST 2014

On Jan 6, 2014, at 3:36 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:

> Thanks Richard and sorry for mixing up split and combine, I always find
> those terms not particularly reflective of what they do.

I think of it this way. An array is like those collecting boxes with horizontal and vertical dividers that separate the interior of the box into compartments. "Combine" is like lifting out the dividers so the contents are no longer each in their own separate compartment, they're combined into one space. "Split" is like inserting the dividers so the contents are split into their own compartments.

I dunno, it works for me.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com