Non-editable Android multiline control

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jan 6 20:05:32 EST 2014

I want an Android multiline input control that scrolls but is not
editable, and which supports copying from the text. I have this when I
create the control:

   mobileControlSet "displayInput", "editable", "false"

but it is always editable. Tapping the field brings up the keyboard and
the insertion point. I've tried removing the quotation marks around
"false" and tried "no" instead of "false" just in case.

So far I'm only running in the emulator, but am wondering if this is
broken. The reason I'm not just using a scroller over a LiveCode field
is because I wanted to be able to copy from the text, but maybe that's
impossible. Hard to tell because so far I can't get the control locked.

Anyone know?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com