There should be a "unique" option on sort . . .

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sat Jan 4 19:52:43 EST 2014

That seems way outside the scope of a sort operation.  For a start, you say
"take the first that matches the sort key" - what if I want the last, or
some other intermediate entry determined by other data criteria?  To
implement this, your'd have to come up with something akin to the SQL GROUP
BY and HAVING keywords in addition to sorting.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>