When htmlText goes wrong

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sat Jan 4 12:46:43 EST 2014

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 7:36 AM, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com>wrote:

> HTML code is supposed to be simple (rather like Livecode is supposed to be
> simple): it maybe simple up to a point, or, what is one (wo)man's
> "simple" is not another (wo)man' s "simple"; especially if there is
> nothing to explain to you what the original author thought "simple"
> meant.

​RunLiveCode never promised that their version of 'htmltext' was fully
compatible with web standards and would work 'perfectly' in a browser - it
was just a rather clever means to put scriptable text in a livecode field
-​ but it's output *can* be modified slightly to produce decent results on
a web page. Most problems tend to be related to text size.   I have a stack
here somewhere that I got from this group years ago that does it pretty
well.

Frankly, I love the way htmltext works in livecode. I can 'package' some
blocks of html code and make nice looking 'signage' that's programmable,
yet lightweight.

http://media.barncard.com/downloads/uiWithHTMLtextExport.gif

yes I know there's a text wrap error in one frame… fixed now..

*--*
*Stephen Barncard - San Francisco Ca. USA - Deeds Not Words*