Animation Nightmares

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 04:50:06 EST 2014

Hi Scott,

Scott Rossi wrote
> I'm not positive but it seems you can get multiple "managefly" messages
> fighting with each other, caused by pressing different keys while the
> animation is running.  Adding the following line as shown seems to help.
>
> on keydown tKey
>    if tKey is in "q,w,e,a,d,z,x,c" and the allowAnim of this stack
>    then
>    cancel item 1 of line lineOffset("manageFly",pendingMessages()) of
> pendingMessages() -- < add this

Excellent! You discovered and fixed the cause of
the odd movement of the Dove. :D

Scott Rossi wrote
> Also, this comment is subjective but you might try using a sequence of PNG
> images (if you can get them) rather than a GIF, so you can get better
> blending between the bird and what's behind it.  Using a PNG sequence may
> or
> may not occupy more processor than using an animated GIF -- you'd have to
> test this.

I have this animated gif around and used it just to test the concept,
but you are correct. Transparent PNG are better suited because they
have 8 bit transparency, unlike most gif that use 1 bit mask.

Sharp as ever, Scott. :D
Many Thanks again for taking a look
at this demo and posting a fix!!!!

Have a nice weekend!