Animation Nightmares

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat Jan 4 04:33:02 EST 2014

Hi Al:

I'm not positive but it seems you can get multiple "managefly" messages
fighting with each other, caused by pressing different keys while the
animation is running.  Adding the following line as shown seems to help.

on keydown tKey

   if tKey is in "q,w,e,a,d,z,x,c" and the allowAnim of this stack

   then

      cancel item 1 of line lineOffset("manageFly",pendingMessages()) of
pendingMessages() -- < add this

Also, this comment is subjective but you might try using a sequence of PNG
images (if you can get them) rather than a GIF, so you can get better
blending between the bird and what's behind it.  Using a PNG sequence may or
may not occupy more processor than using an animated GIF -- you'd have to
test this.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director