Format function on LiveCode 6.5.1

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 13:08:09 EST 2014

Scott Rossi wrote
> On my end, I've been using the following "incantation" of format for years
> to pad numbers with zeros.  I assume the entry in the Linux dictionary
> would show this, but on OSX/Win, it reads as follows:
>
> "If a zero is included immediately before the charLength parameter in any
> formatting incantation that allows padding, the resulting value is padded
> (if necessary) with zeroes instead of spaces. For example, the incantation
> %03s transforms H to 00H."
>
> So if a string is NOT being padded with 0's, perhaps this is a Linux bug?

A LiveCode Linux implementation's Bug?
Could Mark Wieder or Monte Goulding spot this difference
in the source code?
Probably this implementation difference
affects other areas...

I though that common core of LiveCode functionality do not
rely in third party libraries.

Who could report this in the Quality Center?

Thanks in advance!

Al