windowShape Lubuntu Linux and xcompmgr

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 16:15:06 EST 2014

Hi all,

Some weeks ago, I reported that windowShape was
not working in my Lubuntu Linux setup.

After looking around and testing many recipes,
finally I found the program that works in
my setup.

The windowshape property was not working in
Lubuntu Linux because it does not include, by
default a composite manager.

Tested XFCE without success, surely as a result
of my inexperience with Lubuntu.

Then, downloaded and installed xcompmgr
from the Ubuntu repositories and found
the commands that make it work.

In the Lubuntu Menu, open:
Preferences>Default applications for LXSession

paste the following line within:
Running applications --> Composite Manager

xcompmgr -c -C -t-5 -l-5 -r4.2 -o.0 &

and select Apply, then Reload and finally
Autostart > true

Now, LiveCode could apply the windowshape
and the blendlevel to stacks running under
Lubuntu Linux.

Al