Support for Windows XP

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Feb 26 22:05:08 EST 2014

Richard-

Wednesday, February 26, 2014, 9:31:05 AM, you wrote:

> I promise this will be my last Linux fanboy post this week,

I had a choice at work between a Thinkpad to run linux and a Mac air,
and I opted for the mac (I'll need both platforms), figuring that it
would be easiest to run linux in a vm on an osx native base. Not a
week goes by that I don't regret that decision: things are *so* much
easier in linux than osx. A lot of the standard linux tools aren't
there when I open a terminal window. I have to learn osx-equivalent
commands instead, and then mentally switch back and forth. I really
miss having apt-get. I lost two hours this afternoon installing the
capybara-webkit ruby gem, partly because Apple decided to move the
location of XCode...

--
-Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com

This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not
consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any
related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting,
disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received
this communication in error, please delete it immediately.