Support for Windows XP

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Feb 26 21:28:00 EST 2014

People do not change easily. They will stick to what they know. If they *have* to get a new PC, and they were running XP, they will almost certainly buy another Windows product. I know this because I have spent my life trying to get users to just look at something new, try some new way of doing things.

Ever try to get someone who uses spaces and carriage returns and multiple tabs to align their document to start using space before paragraph, margin and tab stop settings in Word? They. Will. Not. Change. No not ever, no never ever, no. Oh, they will thank you for showing them something new, and will promise to look into it later “when they have time”. But. They. Will. Not. Change. And we hope to get them to (in their minds) learn how to use a computer ALL OVER AGAIN? Not gonna happen with most people.

Perhaps in schools you can gain some inroads, but then again that is a HUGE decision for a school administrator to take, because his main goal is to prepare the kids for the future, and until he sees real strong trends that the world is migrating to *nix, he would be remiss in replacing his lab computers with *nix ones.

Surveys are all good in as far as they go, but I have to ask what the surveyors used as a sample group. It sure as heck didn’t include anyone from the place I used to work let me tell you! I’m have a really, really hard time swallowing 11%.

Bob