scaleFactor in LiveCode 6.6 (dp1)

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Feb 26 13:15:59 EST 2014

I've been looking for a way to accomplish zooming into (what are
essentially) flow charts, and the scaleFactor property is making this
possible.  The currently behavior is is wonky (need a way to keep the
window dimensions stable while the scaling takes place) but it's working
and shows the potential of doing things like a scalable drawing canvas
like you'd find in any most pro graphics app.  I imagine pinch to zoom
could work in some cases on mobile.

The biggest restriction in all this is that *everything* in a stack is
scaled.  It would be great if there was a way to keep some elements
not-scaled.  Think of the zoom control in Google maps that stays fixed in
size while the map contents are scaled.  You can accomplish this on
desktop by using a separate stack for the controls, but on mobile where
only one stack is visible at a time, I believe you'd have to reverse scale
a zoom control and position it while the other stack contents are scaled.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design